The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation Message:
“The National Fallen Firefighters Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to honoring firefighters who die in the line of duty and assisting their survivors.
They understand that dealing with the loss of a loved one is a long and difficult journey, and offer immediate and continuing assistance.
More than anything, they want you to know that you are not alone. Though each person’s loss is different, there are many survivors who have walked a similar path. If you are looking for support resources or could use a listening ear, a compassionate heart, or a sense of hope, please don’t hesitate to contact them.”
- We can put you in touch with other fire service survivors who have had a similar loss
- We can help you find grief support groups or counseling in your local area
- We can help you find information about survivor benefits
- We can send you specialized brochures about grief and loss
- We can send you books about grief and loss through our lending library
- We can help you find information and support for grieving children in your family
Illinois Information and Resources can be found to the right under Important Resources